Flamenco & Sevillanas (Dance)
The pedagogy and philosophy of Arte Conpaz (Marisol Valderrama) aims to teach the essence of Flamenco, to put meaning, musicality, expression and personality in every musical and physical movement with respect for the body. It means practising Flamenco and dancing with the sensitivity of a musician, looking for harmony in movement. It is a teaching method that seeks balance between body, mind and soul.
Content of the course
Warming up – Body language – psycho-corporeal awareness – Balance – anchoring – musicality of the zapateado – specific techniques for Flamenco dance – Transmission of traditional codes – study of the different palos – practice of the palmas (the compass) – choreographic sequences – expressiveness – communication between music and dance – improvisation – positive vibration – joy
In 2023-27, flamenco dance classes are held on Tuesdays in 3 levels:
- Level 1 The Essentiels: Technique and choreography (Tientos, Tangos, Fandangos, Sevillanas). You do not yet have basic Flamenco.
- Level 2 Intermediate: Technique and choreography (Les Cantiñas, les Soleares). You already have a basic knowledge of Flamenco.
- Level 3 Advanced: Technique and choreography (les Bulerías et les Siguiriyas). You already have experience in Flamenco dancing.
Marisol Valderrama has her roots in Andalusian Cadiz. The mythical Spanish port city that can also be called the home of Arte Flamenco. She started dancing flamenco at the age of five and trained with Antonio Martinez. Here, her exceptional talent was soon noticed and she was part of his dance company since a young age. She toured all over Europe with the programmes “Yerma” and “Fuego”.
In Spain, she followed courses with masters of Flamenco dance such as Joaquin Grilo, Alejandro Granados, Javier La Torre, Adrien Galia, Manolete, Ana Cali, Chiqui de Jerez, Carmen Cortés and Belen Maya.
Step by step, she created her own style which was soon noticed in the world of dance. In 2001 she danced with the group “Amistad” and in 2002 she taught dance at the “International Dance Convention” in Brussels. Since about five years, she has been teaching in several dance schools in Belgium.
Inscriptions open on August 7 2023!
Come and discover this course during the free session on Tuesday 19 September 2023.
Collective course (10 courses/cycle)
- 18:00 – 19:00 : Level 1 The Essentiels
- 19:15 – 20:15 : Level 2 Intemediate
- 20:30 – 21:30 : Level 3 Advanced
Registration (paiement) is required before the first course of the cycle.
To register for a course, membership of Muziekpublique is mandatory.
Do you not have a membership card yet? Click hereto add a membership card to the shopping cart.
- One course during one cycle: 165 €/cycle
- One course during the year: 415 €/année
Discount! There is a discount for people who follow two courses a week (ec: the Sevillanas course and the Flamenco course):
- Two courses during one cycle: € 280 / cycle
- Two courses during the year: € 800 / year
Contact Muziekpublique for more information about the reduction: email@example.com
€ 165,00 – € 415,00