The Encounter of Vocal Heritage (2016)
This ambitious project brings together the most incredible vocal traditions. This amalgamation – not exactly a fusion, since each tradition is still perfectly recognisable – showcases Albanian iso-polyphony with its plangent quality, the cantu a tenore of the Sardinian countryside, Beko blues singing of southern Madagascar, Finnish yoik and rune singing and the Belgian récit chanté.
Voxtra will surprise you!
- Raphael De Cock (WAL/VLA) vocals, kantele, trunfas
- Anu Junnonen (FIN) vocals, glockenspiel
- Talike Gellé (MAD) vocals, percussion
- Tenore de Monte Arvu (SAR) Domenico Nanu, Ivo Deledda, Tore Deledda, Manuela Deledda et Giovanni Carta – vocals
- Famille Gjini (ALB) Gramoz, Brihans et Ylber Gjini – vocals
- Ballu Santu Razzolu
- Läksin Minä
- Lake Lake
- Ballu Seriu
- Holy Raho
- Sneeuwwit vogelke
- Ngreu Moj Naze
- Sardigna Mia
- Dil moj
- Kur me Shkoje
- Minun Kultani
Get the album
- By postal delivery: order on our website
- At our office from Tuesday to Friday between 10.30-13.00 and 15-18.00, or during the concerts.
- In good record shops in Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, France and Japan
€9,00 – €15,00