Malick Pathé Sow (vocals, hoddu, guitar) is one of Senegalese Fulani music’s most important ambassadors in Europe and he has found a perfect match in his partner of choice, Bao Sissoko – the Mandinka griot known primarily for his refined and virtuoso playing of the kora.
From their mutual encounter is born Aduna (’world’) and, indeed, you will be totally immersed in the poetic and soothing cosmos that they create. The soft sounds of African harps and lutes weave together and blend naturally with the wonderfully warm and welcoming voice of a Malick Pathé Sow who is at his very best in this configuration.
Modern but nonetheless faithful to the traditions, this CD offers us works that contrast current societal themes with ageless tales in honour of a nation that owes its long memory to its oral and musical heritage.
Malick Pathé Sow: lead voice, guitar, hoddu
Bao Sissoko: vocal, kora
Seringe Thiam: calabash on Fedde, Aduna, Borom Leer, Tunnge Mi Eero
Talike Gelle: voice on Fedde and Tumburanke
Guo Gan: erhu on Hommage à Ali Farka
Emre Gültekin: Divan, tembur on Tunnge Mi Eero
- Manio Be Kumbola
- Ndaw Welnde
- Kora Julo
- Niani Banina
- Borom Leer
- Hommage à Ali Farka Touré
- Tunnge Mi Eero
get the album
- By postal delivery: order on our website
- At our office from Tuesday to Friday between 10.30-13.00 and 15-18.00, or during the concerts.
- In good record shops in Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, UK, Ireland, France.
- Google Play, Spotify, Deezer and other platforms