This course is open for guitar players, but also for other instruments. Contact us if you wish to attend the course with another instrument.
By playing, experimenting and improvising the student will get acquainted with the many aspects on Django’s music: the sound, timing, harmony, the repertoire, the swing, the hearing and the position one takes in a manouche band.
- the sound: learn to listen to your own playing, develop techniques to improve the tone colour in order to create a warm, full and cutting sound… both for accompaniment and for solo’s.
- timing: learn to catch the moment in the beat, with different rhythmic styles.
- repertoire: learn the standards in Django’s style. Other styles with a symilar harmony and tone could be included (such as Brazilian choro)
- harmony: learn to recognize and understand the different chord progressions.
- listening: be aware of your own sound, that of the other musicians and how they blend in.
- learn to take a position in a manouche band. Learn to make choices and raise your confidence.
All these matters will be treated with an active pedagogy (the student learns to be his own teacher. The classes will take place in small groups of two or three (depending the amount of inscriptions at the different playing levels). The foundation of these classes will be on the hearing and musical research and discovery.
Music theory is NOT required. A minimum of guitar playing acquaintance is necessary. You can participate either with a classical guitar, a jazz guitar or a folk guitar.