Her approach to music is based on contact with nature. To access a natural, present musical moment within the group, she encourage students to center themselves away from the noise and distraction of technology and stressful day-to-day activities. Lessons will include breath training, vocal or instrumental scales and exercises, polyphony and overtone technique, circle singing, choral songs, improvisation, and (most importantly!) listening to the silence and the sound of nature. Every practice is influenced by, and adapted to, the capabilities of each student who will, in turn, focus on their own individual expression, developing their unique vocal or instrumental message through our shared space.
Iva Bittova will encourage you to separate your abilities from your fears, either with baby steps or giant leaps and, by learning many different approaches and styles of technique, you’ll be able to play with this new knowledge as freely as we would as children.
Her goal is to foster inspiration for everyone, and to this end, she will give as much energy as she can to each person!
Music makes us very happy! This is what we need!
How it works:
- The workshop will take place on 2 and 3 November 2021 at GC Elzenhof in Ixelles. Iva Bittova plans two days of 6 hours of classes each. (10am-5pm)
- The workshop is open to all levels. Instruments are welcome, but the course will focus on the voice.
- The workshop costs 130€ for the two days, and includes the ticket price for the concert on November 3rd at Muziekpublique. (price for Muziekpublique members: 125€)
- Please bring your own picnic and drinks.
- Places are very limited, reservations required.