Accompaniment program for musicians with talent and ambition in Matongé
February – June 2020
Muziekpublique is looking for musical talent in Matongé. With the project ”Matongé Sounds“, we want to invest in local groups and musicians, give them a chance to grow and show their talent to a wide audience. In this manner, we want to make Matongé a cultural attraction once again.
We appeal to all musicians who play world music (in the broadest sense) and link up with Matongé.
Sign up for the Matongé Sounds project: send an email before February 16, 2020 to email@example.com with:
- an audio and/or video of your best song(s)
- your musical biography
- a short explanation about your link with Matongé
The program consists of two parts:
- On the basis of your motivation and music, the jury, including:
- Peter Van Rompaey (artistic director of Muziekpublique)
- Klay Mawungu (Rumba Lumumba)
- Taliké Gelle (renowned composer, singer and percussionist from madagascar)
- Tony Van der Eecken (music programmer of BOZAR)
will select artists, who will be invited for a feedback session. This will take place on Wednesday, March 4 starting at 4 pm in Muziekpublique (Ixelles). The selected bands will get the chance to introduce themselves briefly and they will receive musical feedback from experts. All selected projects at this stage will be given a profile on the Muziekpublique website.
- Finally, four groups or artists from the first phase will be selected for an accompaniment program, to take place between March and June 2020, consisting of :
- Promotion support: the recording of a song in professional conditions, including a live video and a photo shoot.
- A 2-hour session with support for the development of your project. Muziekpublique works with you and some partners on the development of your project by identifying together the next steps to be taken and by giving personal advice.
- Access to a rehearsal room
- The program will end with a live performance in Muziekpublique or Kuumba, for a fee.
Do you want to boost and develop your musical project? Then don’t wait any longer and sign up!
« With the support of Christos Doulkeridis, Mayor, Nevruz Unal, Alderman for Urban Renewal, and members of the Municipal Council of Ixelles and the Brussels-Capital Region, in the framework of the Atheneum Sustainable Neighbourhood Contract”.