For the first time, Muziekpublique and ICTM Belgium organise a cycle of introduction sessions to musical traditions from various cultures. Each session will be devoted to a single style, repertoire, or place and presented by specialists from the worlds of art, research or enthusiasts music lovers. We wish to bring together a plurality of voices, views and sensibilities to discuss music around the world, addressing topics such as its performance contexts, the conditions of its existence, and the events that have marked its history.
In a friendly atmosphere, seated around the tables in the Foyer of the Molière Theater, the audience will participate in a presentation prepared by the speaker, which will be interspersed by moments of exchange.
AGENDA & PROGRAM OF THE 6 SESSIONS
- 21/10/2021 : Klay Mawungu & Bambi Ceuppens – Congolese Rumba Music
- 18/11/2021 : Osvaldo Hernandez – Music in Hispanic America
- 16/12/2021 : Hélène Sechehaye – Popular Music in Morocco
- DTBD/2022 : Hubert Boone – Traditional Music in Belgium
- 10/03/2022 : Nicholas Cooper – Irish Traditional Music
- 05/05/2022 : Anaïs Verhulst – Karnatak Music (South Indian classical music)
Price for the 6 sessions :40€ non-members, 25€ pour les members
Price per session : 8€ non-members, 6€ pour les members